Following wood types can be cut or engraved particularly well with Mr Beam:
- plywood (poplar plywood up to 4mm,
birch plywood up to 3mm)
- balsa wood (up to 4mm)
- kraftplex (up to 3mm)
- Swiss pine (up to 3mm)
With the help of Mr Beam you can make furniture items like lampshades, storing systems and boxes, individual puzzles and much more. Furthermore, you can engrave anything from cutting boards or cooking spoons and other wooden kitchen supplies, model making projects, stools, jewelry, wall decoration, signs, etc. etc.!
Tips for working with wood:
- Which wood types are the best ones for laser-cutting?
Rule of thumb: The less additives like binding agents, fireproofing agents, etc., the better.
- Even wood: the more regular the colouring and the texture of the material, the more consistent your engraving result is going to be.
- You can also laser-cut or engrave oiled or oil-impregnated wood.
- Cleaning: Cutting and engraving wood releases small particles and resin, which stick to the inside of the machine. This means of you are working with wood a lot, you should clean the housing of your Mr Beam regularly (e.g. with a small vacuum-cleaner), clean the laser head and regularly exchange the pre-filter