Mr Beam can process SVG, JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, PCX and DXF.
- Pixel based graphics (JPG, PNG, BMP, PCX) can be engraved but not cut.
- Vector graphics (SVG, DXF) can be cut and engraved depending on the objects used.
It is possible to combine several different graphics and graphics formats for one laser job.
More information on the difference between pixel and vector graphics can be found in this article.
In SVG files:
- Line objects (including path outlines) can be cut and engraved
- fillings and areas can only be engraved
- Text elements need to be converted into path objects.
Please find more details about setting up a file for a laser job in this article.
Laser job configuration:
- Mr Beam groups all cuttable objects (lines) by color.
- Each group (meaning each color) can be assigned different laser parameters. For example laser job parameters could be chosen in a way that all red lines will be cut with 3 passes, green lines will be cut with 2 passes but higher intensity and blue lines will just be engraved.
- Settings for engraving are configured for one laser job; theres not need to define individual configurations for each color.