Start a new topic

How to cut thik Paper?

I'd like to cut some thicker paper. It is a white cardboard (160 grams per square meter).

With the default settings this also works halfway, but ugly brown edges appear at the cut edges.

Is there a way to correct this by changing parameters or is the paper simply unsuitable?

Does anyone have any experience with a more suitable box that can be used to make pop-up cards?

1 person has this question

"Does anyone have any experience with a more suitable box that can be used to make pop-up cards?"

Sorry, I meant "cardboard", not box...

From what I've observed up to now: Burns tend to occur when too much energy gets transfered into the material. What default setting did you try? Did you try anything else?

I'd say: go faster with less energy. Repeat more often.

Daniel

I have tried several combinations of lower intesity an higher speed. It is always the same problem: Either nothing happens at all, the thick paper doesn't even get a scratch. Or a dark line of charred paper is created whichs persits after cutting is completet after several passes.

I will probably have to look for another paper or another white cardboard with about 160-250 gpsm meter...

Anyone got any advice?

I just cut cardstock (216 gr - Stampin'up brand) light blue color with the following settings: not to much dark lines all around compared to white paper

Scoring lines on paper settings : I have tried these that work - of course there is a dark line, not cut and good to fold - just put the paper on the wrong side so the dark line doesn't appear :

My first attempt of papers cuts : I took parameters by default for paper with 2 passes - the only issue is the dark lines especially on white paper - you finish by getting your fingers dirty and put dust on your paper... I cut the blue tag on the wrong way in order to avoid dark lines on front

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment