Start a new topic

Hat jemand Erfahrung mit Leder?

Mich würden die Settings bei Leder interessieren, hat da jemand Erfahrung? 

Danke für die Hilfe

I did some tests with artificial leather (see my list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sQOJBk2Rr1vCbnRmmlLEa4qH1Mw1XxzBHSlBNPgUkgc/edit?usp=sharing) but did not yet have sufficiently good results, thus did not publish the settings. Will do so once I succeed.

Cutting real leather will probably be even more difficult due to the higher density of the material (cutting stamp rubber was already quite a pain in the ...).

Additionally I was told that lasering leather is a rather smelly endeavour and thus should only be done with good ventilation, even when using an air filtration unit.

Wollten am Wochenende endlich mal Leder cutten und gravieren, sind aber nicht dazu gekommen.

Werden es aber in absehbarer Zeit ausprobieren und ich werde gerne meine Erfahrungen dann teilen.

I have done it. 

The results of engraving is good.. to burn.. not so good. 

One example I will attach. (leather juggling ball)

1 person likes this

Habe einiges mit Leder ausprobiert - nur echtes Naturleder - gravieren geht - schneiden gar nciht -

der Russ auf dem Leder ist ein großes Problem - vor allem auf hellem Leder - fast nicht zu entfernen bzw. es verschmiert auf die angrenzende Lederfläche - hinzu kommt noch dieser doch sehr starke, ätzende Geruch beim Bearbeiten von Leder - meines Erachtens ist der Laser dazu nicht geeignet

1 person likes this

Yeah - I guessed that after testing with stamp rubber. You can cut it to a certain depth but then the ashes from the cut effectively absorb all the laser energy from early passes and thus I was only able to cut through 2mm of it after manually cleaning the cutting lines with a sharp knife from the ash of previous cuts - quite a dirty job ;-). And the smell was also not the best :-)

Login or Signup to post a comment